Compelling Reasons Why Every Kid Needs a Week of Camp!
(Some activities are age-appropriate and your camper may not be eligible. Please note that both boys AND girls are encouraged to try everything- we do not differentiate by gender!)
- Provide space for quiet
- Listen to each other
- Recycle and learn how to care for creation
- Teach responsibility through capers, washing hands, taking care of personal belongings, helping the community
- Help kids learn outdoor skills: paddling a canoe, building a fire, putting together a shelter, identifying basic nature specimens
- Read the Bible
- Participate in swim lessons (in addition to playing in the lake)
- Write home at least once while at camp: address an envelope, share thoughts, put the stamp on and put it in the mailbox
- Do acts of kindness and compassion for others: help one another clear the table, make a bed or tie a shoe
- Enhance reading skills: read songbooks, stories at night, the Bible
- Leadership, leadership, leadership! Be a waiter at a meal, lead songs, give the meal’s announcements, do a skit in front of peers, lead worship in the outdoor chapel, make a decision for the cabin group.
What else is important about the program at Camp Westminster?
- We are accredited by ACA- this is important! See what this means.
- We believe in inclusion: any ethnicity, gender or age can participate.
- We have core values. Read our mission. (It is very short- we promise!)
Have you read the FAQs page?